Get your daily, bite-sized roundup of crypto assets and blockchain-related news, digging into the stories flying under the radar in today’s crypto news.
- A new version of FTX crypto exchange to launch on November 21, CEO Announced, with an improved matching engine. “We’re launching a new order matcher, lower latency API routes, a host of other features,” said CEO Sam Bankman-Fried tweeted This day.
- A hacker who attacked the cross-bridge decentralized finance (DeFi) platform transit finance has transferred BNB 2,500 ($688,000) to the sanctioned privacy protocol Tornado Cash, display the string data. They said they would return BNB 10,000 ($2.75 million) to the victims, according to a Transit Finance blog post.
- dapper labsthe company behind the superpopular CryptoKitties Y NBA top shot, is restricting Russian accounts from using its payment services, following sanctions imposed by the European Union on Thursday, according to the announcement. “It is now prohibited to provide wallet, account, or custody services for crypto assets of any value to accounts with connections to Russia, regardless of the wallet amount,” he added. However, Dapper has not closed the accounts.
- South Korean investment firm water block failed to repay his $3.4 million loan taken from an unsecured loan provider TrueFi, according to a TrueFi blog post. The latter said that he has collected $645,405, while the remaining debt is estimated at nearly $2.97 million at the time of default.
- Justin Sun, the founder of the tron blockchain, was reported to be the “real buyer” of the recent Huobi stake sale, according to WuBlockchain, citing multiple sources. However, Sun told The Block that the claim is “wrong” and that he is “just a tutor to Huobi.”
- the US Department of Justice announced charges against a man who allegedly distributed fake prescription drugs and other substances on dark web markets, receiving payments primarily in bitcoin (BTC). The man exchanged the cryptocurrency for dollars in hundreds of transactions, laundering more than $5.35 million, they said.
- web3 ecosystem crypto oasis said it had identified more than 1,450 active Web3 organizations in the UAE as of the end of the third quarter of 2022. The research also identified more than 7,000 people working in the crypto, blockchain, metaverse, and Web3 industry.
- Fujian province in China has executed its first digital land transfer in yuan, according to local reports. the Fuzhou University of International Studies and Trade paid 51 million yen ($7.14 million) for a piece of land through the China Agricultural Bank.
- htc IT LIVES has announced a partnership with technology and investment company me& to develop your metaverse solutions. e&universe’s debut at GITEX 2022 will have two demos, an announcement said, adding that e&universe will allow users to explore the exhibit virtually while logging in from a wide range of devices, including VR, PCs and phones. smart through a browser.
- ONdecentralized infrastructure for an Augmented Reality (AR) enabled open metaverse, launched its new desktop app, Console OVER THE DOOR. According to an announcement, it allows users to host, manage, and customize their live AR events across the metaverse. Once the OVER app is downloaded, the console allows users to choose between the OVRLands they own or an available location and host live events of any kind, inviting an unlimited number of guests who will be able to play an active role in the events. .