Ready for some 16th-century fun at the country’s largest Renaissance festival? ‘Now in its 48th year, the Texas Renaissance Festival kicks off on Saturday, October 8 in Houston.
But before we get into that, let’s cover some of the logistics. The Texas Renaissance Festival takes place from the second weekend of October through November 27 (Thanksgiving Friday) every weekend. As always, there are tons of fun activities, delicious food, and good times for everyone.
Deal Alert: – Save 50% on Houston museums and other top attractions
The CityPASS is the best way to enjoy Houston’s museums and other popular attractions. Offers prepaid admission to five must-see attractions, including Space Center Houston, Downtown Aquarium, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston Zoo OR Houston Museum of Fine Arts, Kemah Boardwalk OR Museum of the Children of Houston.
Child Passes valid for ages 3-11; Adult passes valid for ages 12 and up. Definitely one of the smartest things to do in Houston! Click here to Save 50% on admission to Houston attractions!
Texas Renaissance Festival 2022: What to Expect
The 2022 Texas Renaissance Festival is sure to be a unique and memorable experience! Visitors can expect an enchanted world filled with kings and queens, knights and nobles, fairies and goblins, pirates and peasants, and other fantastic delights in a mystical realm.
With jousting matches, 200 daily performances, international cuisine, thousands of costumed characters, human-powered rides and games of skill, there really is something for everyone! That’s why it’s regularly one of the most popular things to do in Houston on the weekend when it’s happening.
Deal Alert: Get up to 64% off a 90-Minute Wine Education Class at The Cellar Door in Katy
The 90-minute class introduces participants to wine tasting methods and the subtle nuances of flavor in varietals such as Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
Beneath a mural of a Tuscan vineyard in The Cellar Door’s banquet hall, beginners learn how to taste wine, pair wine with food, and identify the nuances of major varietals like chardonnay, pinot noir, and malbec. Led by one of the winery’s owners, either a winemaker or a sommelier, hands-on wine education classes are held every Saturday at 3 p.m. Although this offer does not include wine samples, customers can purchase them for an additional fee.
Get your team together and book your wine tasting class at The Cellar Door TODAY!
Texas Renaissance Festival 2022 – Theme Weekends
- October 8 and 9 – oktoberfest: Travel back in time to the days of old Bavaria when the King and Queen of Bavaria kick off the festival season with a party celebrating the best sausage (and beer)
- October 15, 16 – 1001 dreams: The alleys of New Market Village will be enchanted by the presence of fairies, elves and other fantastic creatures.
- October 22, 23 – pirate adventure: Come on, You Hearties! Jump in and disembark for the most pirate party on the seven seas!
- October 29, 30 – Hallowe’en: Ghouls and ghosts come for terrifying fun! Enter our Halloween Costume Contest for a chance to win “Spooktacular” prizes.
- November 5 and 6 – Heroes and villains: The mightiest of heroes and heroines face off against the darkest villains and vixens of history and legend.
- November 12, 13 – barbarian invasion: Join the Great Horde and party, drink and loot your way through town during this barbaric rampage.
- November 19, 20 – highland adventure: Boys and girls: the pipes call them to a celebration of the joys of Scotland.
- November 25, 26 and 27 – celtic christmas: Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and all the Christmas elves welcome children of all ages to our final three-day celebration of the upcoming Christmas season.
She looks like a queen! Check out deals at highly-rated beauty and spa locations in Houston
Check out current discounts at highly rated facial and skin care locations, spas, massages, salons and more throughout Houston! You can sometimes save up to 75%, so be sure to check these deals regularly and SAVE BIG while you take care of yourself!
Participating companies include Gangnam Spa, The Healing Path Massage, West Lake Body Sculpting and more.
Learn more and check out current offers at highly rated beauty and spa locations in Houston!
Texas Renaissance Festival 2022: Location, Tickets & More
Texas Renaissance Festival Address
While the journey to the enchanted realm may feel like a journey through the Dark Kingdoms of Mordor, please be patient with the traffic. The site is located at 21778 Farm to Market 1774 in Todd Mission, Texas, about an hour from Houston.
Texas Renaissance Festival 2022 – Tickets
- Ticket sales are for a specific date and can be purchased on the Texas Renaissance Festival website.
- Premium Ticket- This is an any day ticket. Valid for one day only. $40 + fees.
- Season passes for adults start at $300 and season passes for children start at $100
- Children under 12 are FREE every Sunday
For more details, see the tickets page.
Stay on top of all the fun events and activities in Houston with our weekly updates for Things to do in Houston this week, Things to do in Houston this weekend, Things to do in Houston this weekend with the family, Y Things To Do In Galveston This Weekend
And to get these updates straight to your feed, follow us on Facebook by clicking the … next to the search lens icon